Monday, May 9, 2016

Why the Drama?

Be proud of me Sherlocka Doodle, I'm following in your foot steps!  (You know who you are).  I'm going to make my first official drama post.
For you who don't understand it, and for you who already get it:
See it this way: Acting is Christmas.  If your old and frail like me, then think back to when you used to get really excited about Christmas.  That wonderful jittery feeling and doing random Christmasy things that don't make much sense but you do any way because your just happy.
I still love Christmas, but I didn't think getting older would change how I felt about it.  It did, by the way. 
But when I act, it's Christmas all over again!  I can dress up, sing, dance, pretend, act like an idiot, laugh uncontrollably, I breathe very little before a performance.  My legs get all shaky.  It's not that I'm scared, I'm just way to excited.  I've leaned to be okay without my Christmas jitters, because I've got drama.  I'll just fine.  
It makes me feel like a little kid in a grown up sort of way.  Eh, never mind.  I just thought of way too many people that would throw a short joke at me.
It makes me feel like a younger kid in an older sort of way.  Yeah, I don't enjoy many 'pretending games' any more, which is sad when I try to play with Calvin and Hobbs.  But with acting, I get to pretend all I want in an organized fashion were the 'old people' don't judge.  And don't believe I'll ever grow out of it.
It's a wonderful method of making friends.  On stage, your forced to be friends or enemy's with each other, depending on your role.  So whether or not you like introducing your self to new people, your going to have to act with them any way.  Some how, this works.  I don't know how.  Maybe it's because we people like supporting each other by being crazy.  Maybe we're all crazy, so when people get crazy with each other they just sort of bond.  Like that Dr. Sues quote: We're all little weird, and life's a little weird, and when we find someone who's weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into a mutual weirdness and call it love.

(Ps, I'm the red dude in the picture.)

  
   
 
      

3 comments:

  1. Bucky,
    You perfectly summed up how I feel about acting, this a wonderful and insightful post, keep up the good work!
    -Cap
    PS- Was I one of the people who came to mind when you said way too many people would throw a short joke at you? If so I'm sorry, it's just a habit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Starts to cry* My little Watsina is finally learning my trade. I'm so very very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete