Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The Character Game: Guest Post by Calvin, Captain America, Car Crash Coincidences, Cinder, (man that's a lot of C's), Book Title, and the Thing About Jellyfish, and Probably My Most Random Post #2

Random thing #1.
Here's a guest post from my little brother Calvin on the Character Game:
Character that looks most like you.
Spiderman kinda.  Why do I look like him?  Maybe because of his hair because I like him but I don't really like him.  When I got my hair cut, I just asked to have a Spiderman hair cut.



















Character that acts most like you.
Maybe Micky, I think he acts most like me.  We both like the color orange, we laugh a lot, we spy on people because it's fun, and that's it.

Find a Character with a story similar to your's.
Grue.  Yup.  Grue is such a bossy.  I'm bossy too.  
Find a character that you can relate with most.
Urg!  I don't know!  Doctor Who?
Dr. Elemis:  You've never seen Doctor Who.
Calvin:  Yes I have!  Only the snow man one.
I think Loki.  We're kinda the same because I tried to make his staff once.
Find a character with a hobbit or interest that you also have.
Emit, because we both build Lego's and he's my favorite character in the Lego movie.


Random thing #2
Here's a movie review on Captain America, Civil War:
Awesome.  Heart wrenching.  
I thought it was going to be another Avengers, but Captain America really was the good guy and Iron Man really was the bad guy.  I'm not sure how people manage to 'pick sides'.  The conflict between Captain America and Iron Man, two characters we both love, was fantastic.
And the question we've all been waiting for:  How was the new Spiderman?
At first, I thought he was great.  He was funny and real.  Him with his suit...He was way over done and it drove me crazy.
On a scale from 1 to 10, I give Captain America a 9.

Random thing #3
I was in a wee little car accident.  Could it be coincidence that this song was playing at the same time?
Look up Trouble by Avicii.  

Random thing #4
Book review on Cinder:
Very well done.  A bit cliche.
It was basically the Cinderella story only futuristic and sci-fi.  The writing was very good in a way that a hero I normally wouldn't like was very likable.  Even though it was supposed to be based off a  
fairy tale, I didn't think the story was very original.  Minus that, the writer made it exciting, tear jerking, and page jerking.
On a scale from 1 to 10, I would give Cinder a 6 1/2.
PG13 WARNING:  Some inappropriate humor and some swearing.  If you decide read it, don't say I didn't warn you.

Random thing #5
I have a title for my new book......(Dramatic pause)
The Killer Whales of Rightness vs. The Tomato Force of the Gooder.

Random thing number #6
Book review on The Thing About Jellyfish:
I read it a while ago, and now I'm re-reading it.
Amazing.  The writing is fantastic, the characters are lovable, the story is original with a bitter sweet touch.  It's about a young girl who learns that her best friend drowned, right after they became enemies, and her strange ways of coping with it.  Only thing I didn't like was the gay brother, and some crude parts.
On a scale from 1 to 10, I would give The Thing About Jellyfish a 9.  



1 comment: