Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Tale of a Hopeful End

I'm in a play called Our Town, and in it I'm the Narrator (or the 'Stage Manager').  I, the Stage Manager, am not quite exciting.  I suppose not many narrators are.  I'm not quite alive.  I'm not quite dead either, I'm an all knowing church going people stalking phantom.  I'm totally in love with this town and the all the people in it, but I'm trying to get a point across to my audience and to my lovely towns people.  I want them to know that the things we worry about so much in life grow pale when it's all over, and we should be looking at what's eternal.  As my line says, "There's something way down deep that's eternal about every human being."
And not just that, but we have life, and we are constantly taking for granted how beautiful life is.
I guess the Stage Manager has sorta rubbed off on me, but that's what we do when we act.
Here's a poem I just wrote:


The Tale of a Hopeful End 

























Come my friends,
Let's pretend
Let's write the tale of a hopeful end.
Erase thought's of time you never spend
Let's turn the story around,
Take a bow and take a bound
Let's shake this world with incredible sound
Unlock your mind,
Take out your pen.
Come my friends,
Let's pretend,
Let's write the tale of a hopeful end
Erase thought's of time you never spend,
Don't hide it friend,
Don't shy, don't blend.
We're off to Neverland,
So take my hand,
Of all the time we have,
And of all the time we need,
While we're here
Let's plant a seed,
Leave something behind for them to read.
Come my friends,
Let's pretend,
Let's write the tale of a hopeful end,
Erase thought's of time you never spend,
Because what seems so unreal,
One day,
Might find to heal.
And that's a hope you'll never steal.

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry i had to delete this one. It had too many typos. :P

      Delete
  2. Yeah, our town really does rub off on you. Especially act III. It really makes you think.
    Lovey poem my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really cool poem Dr. It is a very poetic, fairy tale/real tale word of encouragement. I like it a LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bucky, you never cease to amaze me! This is a wonderful poem and good food for thought.
    Thanks for posting this,
    Cap

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Town is very inspirational. Epic poem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am coming up to see Our Town (God willing ;))!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yayyyyyyy!!!!! You'll be the guest of honer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So *this* was what it was supposed to be. I love it! It's really good.

    ReplyDelete