Monday, September 5, 2016

Domino

I've been developing a new story, with new characters, and I'm really excited.
I've decided to call my book A Tangle in Reality, until I find something less-dumb.
Here's little about my main characters past so you aren't confused when you read his poem:

A Tangle in Reality is about a high school boy, Domino (Dominic Deep) who was born non-existent.  His parents never met until they died, and they were married as ghosts.  So Domino was born a...spirit...phantom...Thing.
Domino's parents wanted their son to experience real life on earth, like any normal Joe.  So Domino was put in the care of their still-living friends.
Domino grew up like any normal kid, only with restraints, being non-existent and all.  He can feel and touch, but nothing can feel or touch him.  He's just a soul with the image of a person.  (This makes transportation very difficult).  His best friend Sylvester Burn (Savy) used to help him with everything Domino couldn't do.  But Savy passed away when Domino was 13.
Domino never kept his non-existence a secret.  In fact, he was quite popular for it.  He's been on Fox News, magazines, You Tube, and has published a few poems he wrote.
Here's one of Domino's poems:

Humanage 
I am a humanage,
You may have seem me before.
I am a mere mirage,
The stem of an apple core.
I know I lack a surface,
The word grows numb to my touch.
And when I leave,
I leave no trace,
But oh, I feel so much.
I feel the warmth and the stinging cold,
And the wind that challenges me to be bold.
I've been where death has crushed me to dirt,
So don't act afraid,
Don't act so alert,
Don't look at me like a mismatched sock,
I'm not a ghost and I'm not a rock.
I'm simply the humanage.



No comments:

Post a Comment