Monday, August 29, 2016

Next Up On Critical Me: Woodlawn and Pete's Dragon

Friends, I have a thing.  I've decided to call my movie reviews 'Critical Me'

Any hoo.
Here's a movie review on Pete's Dragon.

Pete's Dragon is about a boy who finds himself stranded in the woods, and lives several years with his dragon Eliot and his favorite kids book.  A family finds him, and Pete has to decide whether or not to stay with this family, or go back living in the woods with Eliot.
Pete's Dragon had a good amount of action and excitement, along with lots of emotion (and spectacular scenery).
Acting was high quality, even for young american actors (Minus bad crying skills).
Good dialogue with only a few cleshe Disney catch phrases.
The plot was weak, but they made up for it with good emotion.
Over all, I really enjoyed it.  It reminded me of the games I played with my self (I pretended I was lost and I lived with a dragon)  There were some moments where I was sure the movie would go going down-hill-cheesy, but it didn't.
On a scale from 1 to 10, I could give Pete's Dragon a 8 1/2 

Next up, Woodlawn.
(I just had to have Sean Astin in the picture, even though he wasn't technically the main character.  But he was in it...So he was basically the main character....)
Woodlawn was about...Well, just about every foot ball movie ever created.  But this one was based off a true story, so I'll give it some leave.  It's about a foot ball team and couch who are converted to Christianity and how they struggle with the people around them and their faith.
One of the first thing I find important to mention though, is that the acting was good.  There are a very limited amount of good Christian actors, and a limited mount of people that are good actors that act in Christian movies.  But the acting was great.  And Sean Astin was in it.  I don't know if I mentioned that.
The dialogue wasn't spectacular, but it also wasn't as bad as it could have been.  It was even clever at times, and humorous.
The movie was a bit long, and there were many parts I didn't find totally necessary.
It had a good and basic gospel message, and had a good amount of emotion.  I liked it.  I also like Sean Astin.
On a scale from 1 to 10, I would give Woodlawn a 7 1/2. 

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Critical Me is a perfect name for your show! I'll be sure to do a segment about it on "Katie Says!!!" XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I have to say, "Katie Says" is my favorite show. I'm proud to host it for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete