Friday, July 22, 2016

Playing With Fire

I don't think this poem needs an into.


Playing With Fire  

Please, please, hear me out.
I don't want to push, 
I don't want to shout.
I don't feel like I should go that rout.
Please, please, try to beware,
Life isn't a game of truth or dare.
Think of the things where we stop and stair,
Ever think, "Why should I care?"
Why do we care?
Why do we dare?
Please, please join with me,
We could make a colony,
We could join in harmony,
We could dance and shout for, "Free!"
But we're all gamblers,
 Don't you see?
Taking a chance wont set us free.
Please, please, don't turn that way,
It looks so sweet,
But it wont stay.
That bubbly feeling will die and decay.
Had you imagined yourself this way?
Please, please, don't applaud,
When I do wrong in the sight of God.
We both know well what we're doing wrong.
The only way I could tell you is through a song.
I'm sorry for being such a liar,
An innocent act,
But playing with fire.
I know that wont help you,
Or raise you higher.
I'm afraid we've come to where our need is dire.
So here we are, 
In the very same place.
The temptations are flashing in our face.
But let's not live like we're in a race,
Let's fight together,
Our souls will embrace.
Fight the devil till there's not a trace.
Please, please, don't leave me alone,
I feel as if I'd be overthrown.
A battle is so much more friendly with two,
And even if you fall,
For what is untrue,
Never forget how much I love you.




3 comments:

  1. Wow. :,]
    That was amazing! I think that's my new favorite out of your poems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I //love// that one. Very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete