Monday, January 4, 2016

Sherlock and Family and Such...

Happy new year!...I suppose.  Are new years all that happy?  Exciting maybe...Or not.  Sorry to be negative, I had a fine new years day at my friends house sledding and shoving snow down our shirts.  And after all that 'holiday cheer' and candy and 'Christmas spirit and love and joy and family,' it's time to open up the text books and get right back in to life like a thwap in the face.  Harsh.
So to begin, here's a review on the New Sherlock episode:  I hated it.  I sat there in agony every stinking second.  It's no use closing your eyes in films like that when just what your trying to avoid has a creepy catch phrase that's ringing in your head like nausea.  But other then me hating it, it was lovely.
Review on the latest Doctor Who:  It was wonderful.  And I don't think I can say much more then that because I wouldn't want to give spoilers (hint hint...Only you whovians would understand.)
I think it's right time you meet my family.  There's kind of a lot, but hang in there.
Marry Poppins is the oldest.  Shes practical and perfect in every way.  She loves to burst out in song at times, but I suppose that's what you do in musicals.  She's talented, pretty cleaver, and her English is so stinking perfect its terrible.
Dory is a fish.  Sometimes.  Shes also practical and cleaver, but sometimes can't remember things.  Although, in her words, "When the topics not important, why remember it?"  She's very smart and mathematical, and can salve a rubic's cube before you can say, "figure it out."
Batman is the oldest of my brothers.  Hes dashing, strong, and only works in black.  When life gets you down, Batman's there to do something completely insane and make you laugh.  Although there are times you want to smack him for reminding us for the 2,000th time that he's Batman, when I feel like being adventurous, I'm not alone!
Hobbs is a stuffed tiger.  He's jolly, contagious, and ready to pounce on you.  He's the type that will tell a joke that's not that funny, and then he'll laugh and roll on the floor flailing his arms, and after that you can't help but laugh.  He's kind, hugable, and loveable.  He's also Calvin's faithful tiger.
Calvin....I don't know where to start.  You wouldn't either if you met him.  Being second to the youngest doesn't bother him.  He's the boss of us any way.  He's energetic, talkative, competitive and one of his favorite things to do is check out his muscles in the refection of the TV screen.  His muscles, that actually should be smaller for a guy his age.  He's adventurous and faithful, especially to his best friend, Hobbs.
Boofer is the youngest.  She has quite the extensive vocabulary.  She can say things like, 'Bath,' 'water,' 'Mamma' and, 'AAAAAAAAAH!!!'  She favorite things are luxury's like being held, taking baths, eating, and having her attire changed by a servant about twice a day.
Mom is my Mom.  She keeps busy, but not too busy to spend time with us.  Shes absolutely gorgeous and does those usual Mom-ish things like the dishes and cleaning.  She also our teacher.  And not just how to use the toilet and blow our noses, but school too.
Dad is my Dad.  My mentor, and the one who told me how to become a Christian.  He's strong, handsome, friendly, and has a great sense of hummer.  He's one of the few people that can make me laugh so hard you think you'll die.
I'd tell you all about my fantastic pets and all, but I'll have to save that for another time.  You might not hear the end of it.  
        

9 comments:

  1. I got the first part of Series 9 of Doctor Who for Christmas and I loved it!!! I have to say though, even though everyone might hate me, I'm really glad that Clara is going to leave soon *hides* I'm just getting really tired of her. Have you seen all of the episodes in part one? Part two is on preorder for me, and I can't wait to see it!
    I should start watching Sherlock... I really want to, but I'm not sure if it would be that good of an idea to get hooked on another TV show right in the middle of the school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome!! Wait, which doctor is in series 9? I'm sorry, but you have a while to wait before Clara's gone! She does actually get annoying after a while. For some reason, BBC is having a hard time letting her die and stay dead. Sherlock is awesome (most of it) and they haven't come out with a new episode in forever!!! Yeah, it would be smart to take Sherlock slow, its addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter Capaldi. Series nine is the latest season. And Clara is actually leaving at the end of this season! The actress was offered a part on another show and so she's leaving after... six more episodes I think? I'm sad, but I'm excited. She's just gotten super cocky! Ha ha, I've heard that one comes out a long time apart. I need to start it soon... maybe over my next break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the family nicknames! *nod nod* they are all very fitting. I feel very behind. The only thing I can watch Dr. Who or Sherlock is Netflix, and it takes them soooooo long to get the newest episodes! Correction, by the time they get the newest episodes the are not even remotely new any more, and everyone's talking about the NEW new ones. *sighs*
    Ok I'm done. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, you should get them from the library! You can put them on hold from PPLD, the line is long, but you'd get to see it sooner! That's what I normally do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Katie! I'm giving you all nick names of course, with your permission. ;)
    To RuthAnna: Really? She leaves? Because I've seen the whole season and...Well, you'll just have to see. I don't quite know what to think my self. Really? They have them at the library already? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr. Elemis Pott! =D

    Amazing sounding family. Did you think you could escape having something more told about you?
    (From Granny's perspective)Dr. Elemis Pott is the middle child, which in no way makes her average. She's affable and approachable, expressively animated, and likes tidiness. Amazing in artistry, comic writing, novel writing, poem writing, blog writing; in her work you find that proper grammar and spelling aren't what make good reads. She's a skilled actress. And, although there are times you may want to smack her for claiming otherwise, is a great director. She's a really neat example of God's work in a Christian life.
    Anyways those are a few attributes noted from the perspective of a friend (feel free to delete).

    I'm looking forward to more of your blogging! Thanks doc, and Happy New Year!

    ~G.B.J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. for some reason it won't let me respond to your comment, so fine, I'll just post down here!
    eh, you can be skeptical as much as you want, she's leaving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup. My family's pretty epic.
    Ha! Well thanks Jessy! Your such a Granny. Did I ever tell you about the time when I beat a puppy for no good reason and stole a lolly pop (pre-licked) from a child? And all in one day! MUUHOOWAHAHA!!!
    Yup. I'm not here. I'll just stand here in the back and listen to the gossip. :) :)

    ReplyDelete