Thursday, November 8, 2018

The Fam

(This is Dr. Elemis Pott speaking, not Domino.  Just thought I'd make that clear).
I need to squeeze in a happy post before my next chapters of Domino.
So, happy thanksgiving!
I was challenged to get a picture and a post a day on Facebook about something I'm thankful for, which I never followed through with.  But it's not thanksgiving yet.  I still have some time to be ungrateful.  (Please be fully aware of my sarcasm).

So I'm making a thankfulness post.

Also, this year I'm making my own lovely and slightly emo thanksgiving chain for my room.  (I'm using those fantastic pencils and black paper I was telling you about in my Art Dump post).

Me:  *Sigh*  "I have so much to do.  I wonder how I can be wiser with my time.  I need to make less projects for myself and just focus on one thing at a time.  Yes, that is wise.  I'll just focus on school and everything else can come aft----OH HEY I SHOULD MAKE A GIANT EMO THANKSGIVING CHAIN FOR MY ROOM WITH FANCY PAPER AND PENCILS AND THEN MAKE A LONG BLOG POST ABOUT IT!!!"








When I make thanksgiving chains, I always start with the fam.  Unfortunately, there's too much to say about them.  I don't know where to begin.  Also, there are quite a few of them.  But hopefully this post gives you a good taste of their brilliance.  
Liddy just finishes saying something fantastic.  Slight dramatic pause.  Josh picks up a blue crayon, and sets it in front of her.  Looks Liddy in the eyes.  And says, "That blue me away."

Liddy visits before Josh goes off to military.  We roam down town.  I leave my bear Leo in the car.  The sad expression on Leo's face was too much to bear.  I insist we bring him along.  (Notice the pun.  You thought Josh made it up.  You're wrong.  That was MY pun).
Jo, our friend Amadeus and I go on a hike, which turns into an unexpected rock climb.  Amadeus and I are covered in dirt and few scrapes.   Then there's Jo-Jo Look'n swag the whole time.

Elli:  "Nathan, you're a peach."
Nathan:  "I'm NOT a peach."
Elli:  "Yes you are."
Nathan:  "NOOOO!"

We have tried for years to get a good family photo that is not a selfie.  They have all failed.



Dad:  *Getting our attention in order to make his wise statement heard*  "Now, kids, always remember and never forget, the monkey did the slunky on the ooy-booy-hooy."
Kids:  "Okay Dad."

Me:  "The dentist said my teeth would always be yellow unless I buy this teeth whitener stuff."
Kathryn:  "That's so sad!" 
*Several hours later*
Kathryn:  "You know I give weird gifts, right?"
Me:  "...Yeah...?"
Kathryn:  "Well, I got you teeth whitener!"
Me:  "Oh...Thank you."
Lego Land in Germany.

Me:  *Enters the kitchen*  "Can I have a cookie?"
Mom:  "Sure."
Kathryn:  *Enters the kitchen*  "Can I have a cookie?"
Mom:  "Of course."
Liddy:  *Enters the kitchen* "Can I have a cookie?"
Mom:  "Help yourself."
Josh:  *Enters kitchen* "Can I have a cookie?"
Mom:  "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS??"
I named my childhood blanket Dee-Dee.  Then I got a little sister, who also picked up a special blanket, and called her's; Mee-Mee.  The 4 year old girl inside me geeked out over this moment.


This picture was taken right after Josh made his favorite NF pun.  Oh, and Ally.  Because Ally's family too.
I love you guys 







2 comments:

  1. Aah this is so beautiful <333 your fsmfam looks so cute and fun :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great post my Dr. Elemis Pott.
    ~G.B.J.

    ReplyDelete