Thursday, November 8, 2018

Domino Poems and a Note from the Author

The last several and upcoming chapters of Domino are under a wee bit of construction.  In the mean time, here are two of Domino's poems.  (Whether or not they will end up in the book is undecided).



A Candle

We walk along,
Mis-matched socks,
The right and wrong,
The water, the rocks.
Though I’m the taller,
You’re the higher.
I’m the candle,
You’re the fire.
Though we’re never,
One in the same,
I’ll forever
Hold your flame.
Though you don’t feel,
What I felt
I’ll protect you even
As I melt.
-Domino, Age 16




Rhythm
When all around,
The pulsing sound,
Our ears immune,
To the life time tune.
A step,
A breath,
A blink,
A drop lands in a sink.
And I’ll stand upon my own two feet,
Until the day I lose the beat.
Domino, Age 15






1 comment:

  1. That last line on 'a candle' tho Dx
    Also all the stuff about rhythm is so interesting

    ReplyDelete