Sunday, September 2, 2018

Character of the Month: GMC

I'm 11, in my first play and I'm drawing backstage.  GMC sit's next to me and asks me what I'm drawing, and tells me of his love for cartoons and comics.
GMC after busting his eye while rock climbing. 
We shouldn't look so joyful.

GMC, (Grand Master Calzadilla) is a cool dude.  About 8 years ago I met this guy at a homeschool group.  He came in towing an arm full of siblings with him.  A big smile on his face. 
He became one of my first friends after moving to America.  Then he became my adopted bro.  When I met him, he was a tall, happy, chill guy.
Absolutely nothing has changed.  I've been through all sorts of weird fazes through the years.  People around me go through all sorts of weird fazes.  But GMC has always stayed the same. 
I think everybody needs a friend like him in their life. People are talented at being worried, but GMC can find a light at the end of any tunnel.  He doesn't have to sugar coat anything.  If you want an honest opinion, he will give you one.  But I don't know a lot of people who can be positive and real at the same time.

And I don't like it when my bros have to move.  Or perhaps I'm just being a Mother.
But thanks for everything, my friend.  Have more fabulous adventures!
Art by: GMC (of me in my many zones)

Andrew is GMC's code name

1 comment: