Thursday, July 19, 2018

I Fell Off My Bike, and Ten Tips for Rage Monsters

I Fell Off My Bike

Today I fell off my bike,
And I couldn't help but like,
As I lay in a pitiful mound,

When my hands scrapped the ground.
The blood upon my palms,
Somehow the feeling calms
My life fill of the grid.
The scratches say I'm still a kid.


Amazing back-flip fails, 
Dirt in my finger nails,
Climbing a tree,
Arms covered in sap,
Crawling under the bed,
Where the monsters nap.


My knees still bruised and bloodied, 
As dented as my car,
I tried to leave behind the crayons,
But I never got very far.


Maybe one day 
I'll wake up and say 
I'm much to old for stupid play.
To bruise my knees,
To talk to the breeze,
Or scuffing my arms by climbing trees.


Then I'll be wise,
Despite my size.
Despite my longing to play on the swings,
Or go to the island of wild things.


But that day is not today,
Because a voice said something like,
"You should go outside and play!
You should ride your bike!"







Note to self (and my faithful readers):  I'm'a be honest, I'm probably never going to publish that post about my trip to Ecuador.  Apologies to those who wished to read it.

Also, have I mentioned that I'm a bit of a rage monster?  In the last few weeks, I found several things that helped calm me.
 Tip for calming rage monsters #1:  Listen to a hard core screamo song.
#2:  After completing tip #1, listen to a gentle, sad song that has meaning to you.
#3:  Climb a tree
#4:  Climb a tree in the rain
#5:  Repeat steps 1-2.
#6:  Splatter your entire arm with paint.
#7:  Splatter your friends entire arm with paint.
#8:  Take a long car ride
#9:  Learn to do a flamingo dance
#10:  Ride a bike.  (Preferably a bike that small enough where you can reach the pedals, and don't ride it down a rocky hill going 100 miles an hour, and don't hit the breaks suddenly.  Other then that, you should be good.)








6 comments:

  1. Hello my friend, thank you! In a lot of pain? Was that this Today? I don't plan to ever grow out of enjoying things like climbing trees (if I could) or swinging meself. I love your outdoor pictures. Good tip in #10! I have a new tip replacement for #1: Listen to me sing you a song instead. Is a flamingo dance at all like a Flaminco one? xD
    ~G.B.J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was awesome! thanks for sharing it! I did not know you had Rage Monster tendencies! Also, sorry you got scraped up, bummer!!
    Love, Kelli JC

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT DAY DOESN'T HAVE TO COME EMILY


    “When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” ~C. S. Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Just saw the comments!)
    G.B.J; I'll always take you up on the singing offer. Thank you for understanding my childish ways! You're so lovely.
    Aunt Kelli; unfortunately, yes, I do, but as you see I am working on it! XD Thank you for reading!
    Daniel; That. Quote. Is. Amazing. Thank you so much, my friend!
    Bethany; let me know if it works for you and if you have more tips! I'm always open to suggestions!!

    ReplyDelete