Monday, June 26, 2017

The Wait

The Wait 


Call it crumbling 
Call it lust 
Our lives are tumbling
Are we not dust?

Is it time for me
To stop having fun?
Do my friends really care?
Are the good days done?

When the affection fades,
Am I alone?
Did I dance the masquerade,
So my feelings never shown?

A cross on a chain,
And church once a week,
To mask our pain,
Though it's not God we seek.

Give me an answer!
Where is my life?
Being eaten by cancer.
Chipped away by a knife.

Why the temptation?
Am I a human mistake?
You promised salvation,
Then why do I feel so fake?

You've given me passion,
But why not success?
I'm tired of waiting.
I'm done with this mess.

Stop.
Look around.
Turn away from the mirror.
See.
Hear the sound,
Of the hope that's coming nearer.

I never left you.
I never forgot.
My love for you is deeper
Then you have ever sought.

You can't have dark
Without the light.
You can't have ugly
Without the right.

The night is fading,
The dark wont last.
There's beauty in the waiting.
I'm here.  Hold on fast.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0NOxf4uaZI
(NF, Oh Lord)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc7orBfhEmk
(John Waller, While I'm Waiting)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUWbmtbzDno
(Casting Crowns, Praise You in this Storm)















2 comments:

  1. Wow. This really touched me. I think I related to the first part the most, but maybe someday I'll get to where you are, in the last lines. Thank you for writing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so true, and it really hit a nerve. I have a similar poem called 'Betwixt My Wretched Moments'. Paragraph 7 was really meaningful, and I think that all the time in different ways.

    Amelia xxx
    <3

    ReplyDelete