Friday, February 17, 2017

The Oodakadoobody



My fellow Poets, you know somethings wrong when your best poem in months is about an Ooodakadoobody.  I have nothing further to say.  


The Oodakadoobody 

Hello.
My name is Oodakadoobody.
You've probably never heard of me.
I live in the dark, I'm hard to see.
Underground, 
In the shadows of a tree.
It seems you shouldn't be afraid of me,
For there's nothing much I do.
I lay in the dark and drink my tea,
I read my books, 
I count to three,
And wish on who I want to be.
But the thing about me, 
The Oodakadoobody,
The nobody, 
The wanna be,
Is I can make you flee.
You look at me 
And what you see,
Is a little too much emotionally.
Perhaps not all that socially.
I'm the child of monstrosity.
I'm the molder of calamity.
I tremble with insanity.
I'm the result of perfect love,
My King is reining up above.
I'm that thing that's in between.
In the middle of everything,
In the shadows unseen.
In between armies,
In the desert serene, 
Therefore I'm very hard to be seen.
But the thing about being in between, 
Is that I could make peace.
I could make conflict cease.
But instead, I'm the beast.
Or nothing short of that at least.
My name is Oodakadoobody.
And I'm a bit of a nodody.
I live in the dark,
I'm hard to see,
Just reading my books and drinking my tea,
And dreaming of who I want to be.









1 comment: