Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Tap Out 

Singing songs about dry bones rattling,       
But I can't catch my breath,
I can't stop battling,
Calling,
I'm calling for help.
Not a way out.
Just someone to tell me 
What it's all about.
To never tap out.
To silence the voice
Who tells me I can't.
I can't.
Stop.
Fighting.
This anger igniting.
Then I break down.
I taste the salt 
Of my sweat on the ground 
I hear the count.
1.
No.
2.
Get up.
3. 
I can't.
4.
I can.
5.
I pant.
6.
The chant.
7.
I stand.
I shake.
I'm a breathing earth quake.
My heart's an eruption.
But don't take
Me out
Of this fight.
Just give me one more bullet to bite.
One more sunrise.
A beautiful sight.
One more smile.
A number to dial.
Another embrace.
A wind to chase,
Just to land back home
And find my place. 
But don't take 
Me out 
Of the fight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment