Monday, April 23, 2018

This Little Light of Mine, the Song of an Angry Child, and Hope

Opening a drawing pad is like opening a book.  It's exciting and I have no idea what to expect.  Being a story/character addict, that's what I draw.  Perhaps that's why I fail so hard at drawing still life, unless that still life has some sort of story or personality behind it.  I draw how I act, how I write.
I don't think much.  When I think too much, I loose inspiration.  Usually all I need is one question: How do I feel right now? 
Drawing is also how I can express my self without having to read my journal aloud.
And right now, poems fail me.  Poems are not something I can just sit down and write like I used to, they have to be completely spontaneous or I can't write them.  A poem will emerge from my mind at the most random times, and it's becoming more and more rare, which makes those random times even more precious and sacred to me.
So here's where I go when words fail.  I wish I could explain each picture in depth, but I don't have the will power, patience, time, or energy to do that.  Some pictures weren't made to explained, they explain themselves. 


Me, Fall, 2017:

This Little Light of Mine
Me, Spring, 2018:

The Song of an Angry Child


Me at Present:
Hope




Here's a challenge for you little artsy nerds such as myself.  Watch this song, by: Of Monsters and Men.  Write a one page long short story based on this song.  Pay close attention to the video, the lyrics, and what kind of feeling you get from the tune.  Looking up the meaning of the song is cheating, this has got to be your own story. 
I'd love to read what you come up with, and I'll post your work on this blog with your permission!
Have fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FubvitXV_zM




1 comment: